The historic Cascade Lodge on the North Shore of Minnesota has been enticing guests for nearly 100 years. We were humbled at the chance to partner with new owners Thom & Jelena McAleer to give its website a breath of fresh air.
Their primary goal to both sustain current bookings and to attract new visitors was met in a few ways through their new website:
- Increased group bookings by adding a wedding and group accommodations section.
- Incorporation of video and photos showing guests enjoying a variety of area activities as well as a new adventure section to help visitors visualize the full experience.
- Presented their accommodation options in an easy-to-scan layout, highlighting the key features of each room/cabin.
- Added prominent calls to action to encourage bookings at the top right of most key pages.
- Included promotional spaces on the homepage to feature new packages, restaurant specials, and upcoming events that are easy to update.
- Oversaw the CMS (Craft CMS) implementation to ensure it would be easy for their entire team to use and be flexible and as future-proof as possible.